As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
This policy, together with any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. The information we collect from your visit is anonymised.
1. Information we collect from you
This is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the Site. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using google analytics or small data files called “cookies”. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also to indicate where the Site requires improvement.
Social Media platforms
Social media platforms, in most cases, are operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol.
Your e-mail address is used to confirm your reservation. We also keep you informed of the status of the reservation by e-mail. We may send you further e-mails in relation to quality surveys, special offers and events if you have consented to this at the point of reservation.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us.
2. Uses made of the information
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy.
3. Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your personal information to third parties only if:
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’ servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including and without limitation:
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular backups.
Omar Khayyam Restaurant
1 Grosvenor Steet
Edinburgh EH12 5ED
0131 225 2481